Login | Register

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Welcome
Welcome to thenewhorizon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see fewer advertisements. Registration is quick, simple, and free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Revelations [Tag: Divinity Gottschalk]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

---[Setting]---
Galaxy: Milky Way
System Cluster: Local Cluster
Solar System: Ra/Sol/Sun
Planet: Earth/Gaia
Level: surface
Continent / Ocean: North America
Nation / Territory: U.S.A.
State / Province: New York
County / Prefecture: New York
City / Town / Village: New York City
Suburb: (borough) Manhattan
Structure: O.H.A.D. HQ.
Time Frame: Past
TNH Verse Year: 2013
Local Date: 2013 February 7

by Auzdein von Himmler at February 7 Monday 8:27m EST

Auz to-date had only met a handful of locals to the post-Shift New York City area and already he had caught word of the belief that angels and demons, amongst a great many other equally mythical races and beings, had returned to the surface and the public eye. Naturally curious as to the foundations and validity of these beliefs, he had started asking around, and found himself later the next day approaching the OHAD HQ skyscraper wedged neatly into the monstrously expansive, towering, and cramped Big Apple.

Since his earlier, formative years, Auz had found great enjoyment in the tales of olde, to include fairytales, yarns, and the accounts and reports of all things deemed "supernatural" by the community and society from which he'd sprung so effervescently and bullishly forth. He took to writing his own short stories about them, researching and cross-referencing, growing into his ability to spin spellbinding novelettes, literary sagas, and documentaries. Eventually, he reached a turning point, and the transmutation of his physique, sense of style, and abilities was matched with an equally transforming set of logic and memes, transitioning from the brainwashed thinking some had attempted to raise him by.. into the more objective and accurate cogitating that had now led him to confidently deduce such beings were, are, and always will be very real, and completely natural, albeit "otherworldly" in one sense or another.

With great and restrained enthusiasm, guarded optimism, and a burning hope that all he had heard was not just typical Outlander embellishment, he strode up to the ground level lobby doors, casually pulled one open, and stepped inside. With subtle haste, he studied the interior as far as his eyes were permitted to travel by the constructs within the steep building, and found his way over to the security checkpoint where he signed in under his Schäfer name, and confirmed to the security personnel that he bore no weapons or ill will. "Miss Divinity Gottschalk, please; 15th floor."

It was still so odd a feeling whenever he made himself use the local, grimy dialect that replaced "Lady" with "Miss", "deck" with "floor", and only allowed for one language to be spoken at a time. Over the past few years, he had grown fully accustomed to mixing more than 16. As the elevator took him onward and upward toward his first point of inquisition, he faintly sighed, becoming nostalgic and fleetingly lugubrious over the fact that he was riding in one of the convenience machines that were all but illegal and banned in his city; even for skyscrapers, his people reached the top through jungle gyms and mooring lines, and returned to subordinate levels and the ground floor via the same, or zip lines.

His attention returned to the encapsulated world now around him, his eyes refocusing on the vertical transport box's doors finally parting before him. Straightening his business suit jacket and lightly shaking out his cascading mane of earth tones, and fixing the ends of his mustache and the angle of his goatee in one downward motion of a closing hand, he exited into the hallway...

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Revelations [Tag: Divinity Gottschalk]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

by Divinity Gottschalk at February 11 Friday 6:00 am EST

•npc• "Miss Gottschalk, you have a visitor."

At the reception counter, a circular desk just outside her office, Divinity glanced up from the file that she’d been reviewing. In front of her sat one of two receptionists; a dark-haired demon who, for the most part, was rather reserved with her life here on Earth and had yet to give the Angel any real problems. Divinity was still working with the girl on her definite anger issues; she had once already nearly burned down the office because of some absurd ‘offense’ that one of the other members of the OHAD had committed against her. "Who is it?"

It was at that time that the chime over the elevators dinged, announcing the arrival of said visitor and both women turned as one to see a snappily dressed man exit the box and meander down the corridor in their direction. He was an unfamiliar face, particularly since Divinity tried to make it a point to know everyone who was a member of the OHAD by name and appearance. It was equally apparent to her and as well the receptionists that he was neither Angel nor Demon, but not entirely human, though Divinity couldn’t be too certain of what it was that she was looking at.

"Can I help you?" Having stepped away from the counter and approached the unknown guest, Divinity tightly clasped the file to her chest while her free hand extended in his direction. Her multihued oculars grazed over his form from head to toe; inspecting him for any sign of possibly being a threat to her or anyone else within the office.

Attachments:
Divinity Gottschalk 24 head chairwoman and angelkin.jpg
Divinity Gottschalk 24 head chairwoman and angelkin.jpg [ 7.09 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

by Auzdein von Himmler at February 11 Friday 3:07 pm EST

Auz let his piercing, energetic, yet friendly dark brown eyes pass from one receptionist to the other, taking in their immediate characteristics before raising his gaze to center on Divinity. He fought the urge to sardonically retort with "I don't know; can you??" to correct her grammar. Instead, he opted for the far more diplomatic approach of assuming she was merely regressing to regional, American slang, and offered a professional smile without parting his lips to show teeth.

"That, you very well may. I am Lord Auzdein von Schäfer, und I seek to make the acquaintance of Lady Divinity Gottschalk. It is my understanding that she maintains an office on this deck?" He had only heard about her; not what she looked like. Unable to bear the weight of letting slip from his tongue the venom that was modern language, he let the more refined olde speake and Queen's English return through him.

Taking her offered hand gently within his right, he extended his left hand out to his side, letting it open in the air about waist level as his arm assumed a position at a slight angle away from his torso. Keeping his eyes locked upon and into her own, he bowed at the waist while raising the back of her hand to meet his lips, and began to read her mannerisms, such as the way her irises were subtly flexing and relaxing. Returning to a very regal posture and stance, he let their palms and then fingertips slide back apart. She was reading him, too, his soul told him. 'Interesting...'

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

by Divinity Gottschalk at February 11 Friday 6:00 am EST

"That, you very well may. I am Lord Auzdein von Schäfer, und I seek to make the acquaintance of Lady Divinity Gottschalk. It is my understanding that she maintains an office on this deck?"

He had a strange way of speech, yet not so unfamiliar to her. Divinity could remember the last time someone had been so formal and that seemed like a lifetime ago for her. Her surprise was evident by the way multicolored oculars flared; going wide as she watched him bring the back of her hand up to his lips for a brief welcome before being released. This Lord Auzdein was very reminiscent of the Old World ways, where women were both captives as well as respected.

"She does..." Sending the receptionists a telltale glance over her shoulder, Divinity turned back to the man with her arms folding imperiously across her chest. "Is there any particular reason you wish to make this acquaintance with her?" It was a bit odd that a complete stranger would walk in off the streets just to speak with her, in fact it was downright unheard of. There had to be an ulterior motive here, either good or bad.

Behind her she heard one of the receptionist giggle and again she turned to look at them; eyes narrowing in warning which immediately shut both women up. Honestly, was there no such thing as a descent employee these days? "Pardon those two, Lord Auzdein...they are sorely lacking in their manners today." Of the two of them, the only one to take offense would be the angel, while the demon hid her grin behind an upraised magazine.

I'm an Angel. Not a Saint. - Dominion / Ageless / Head Chairwoman - OHAD

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:52 pm 
Site Admin

by Auzdein von Himmler at February 19 Saturday 1:47 pm EST

"Is there any particular reason you wish to make this acquaintance with her?"
Before he had chance to respond, the receptionist's muffled and quickly hushed giggle was heard. By the way Divinity was turning toward them, it seemed certain to him that something 'was up'. While Divinity was turned around for the second time, silencing the offending employee with her flashing eyes, Auz let a smug smirk flicker across his lips and fade back away as Divinity rotated back to face him. 'Play along, Marine. This is good sport.' a voice in his head petitioned him.

Although he had no idea that one was a demon, or why precisely that demon had been entertained by the few words that had been uttered, the fact that one was a mischievous demon almost guaranteed him a friendship founded on a like-minded approach t'ward and affinity for the darker forms of satire. Front lines humor always seemed to meld masterfully with the "darker" of the Shift-summoned's palates.

"Pardon those two, Lord Auzdein...they are sorely lacking in their manners today."
Auz let his head turn a centimeter to the left, with a quirking brow of matched side; saying through his body language "Is that a fact?" with an inward, amused grin. The outward expression became a neutral, diplomatic, ever so slight nod in acceptance of her covering explanation. Although the option existed to supportively comment Divinity in relation to her reasoning for the unexpected show of emotion by her staff, opting for such had the potential in the Outland to quickly, even if only briefly, alienate and polarize him apart from the other two, whom he might wish to converse with as follow-ups. It might also lead to a tangent which Divinity, seeming in a position of authority in this construct, might find disquieting as a waste of time.

He shifted the focus back to answering her question.

"A warranted inquiry, in deed. I seek through intercourse to determine the nature of the reputation which precedes her, as well as whether or not it would be mutually fortuitous to enter into an exploratory business arrangement. I wouldn't be so bold as to pose the specifics of either outside of confidential chambers, though." He paused for a second. "Pardon the interjection, however I have yet to learn how the lady would have me address her." The lady he was referring to was the one standing in front of him; Divinity.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

by Divinity Gottschalk at February 19 Saturday 6:19 pm EST

"A warranted inquiry, in deed. I seek through intercourse to determine the nature of the reputation which precedes her, as well as whether or not it would be mutually fortuitous to enter into an exploratory business arrangement. I wouldn't be so bold as to pose the specifics of either outside of confidential chambers, though. Pardon the interjection; however I have yet to learn how the lady would have me address her."

Turning slightly away, she motioned with one hand to a corridor that would lead them back to her office. "Reputation? That is certainly intriguing. What have you heard about her?" Not yet having disclosed that she was in fact the woman in which he sought out, Divinity felt it necessary to ferret out any and all the information she could before finally making herself known…if in fact he had not caught on to that fact yet.

Strolling at an unhurried pace along the corridor and then stopping at the closed door to her office with him at her side, she placed one hand against the knob as she turned to face him. "Business arrangement?" This ought to be interesting, she thought while opening the door to her inner sanctum and leading the way inside. Motioning him in with a slight nod and then closing the door in his wake, Divinity strolled across the large room to an ornate, antique white desk that angled in front of a wall of windows.

"I’m happy to be addressed as Divinity, by the way. Lady is such a formal term and unnecessary in these times." Smiling over at him, she seated herself within a very modern, leather desk chair. The files that had been within her hands were placed on one corner of the desk, along with a stack of other OHAD papers that she needed to go through.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

by Auzdein von Himmler at February 19 Saturday 7:47 pm EST

"Reputation? That is certainly intriguing. What have you heard about her?"
Auz strolled through the spartan office hallway with her, keeping a slightly longer gait while letting her set the pace and remain in the lead. He addressed the first question of her sentence: "Her reputation as an extra-sapien; a lady of the highest court." He was, of course, referring to the Heaven realm. "It has been said that she is an exemplary businesswoman, as well. Having only heard of the abbreviation of her organization, and not what it stood and stands for," his words spoke of her organization's full name, and of its mission statement or underlying purpose, "I was myself intrigued."

"Business arrangement?"
They arrived at one of the office doors. "Aye; yes. Dependent upon her presentation of the organization and with which entities it is affiliated, I have a limber proposal as an exploratory trial of sorts. You know; see how our two organizations interact, cooperate, and, hopefully, build upon one another."

Auz bowed his head slightly as she bid him enter, having remained on the edge of the inner chamber's hatch until being invited, stepped inside and took his seat. Divinity closed the door behind him. 'Hm.. Giggling receptionist, not so subtle body language in (feigned?) reprimanding, closed door... trap?' Auz moved his eyes around her office, pretending to admire the place as he noted architectural aspects, wall and ceiling composition, any security and surveillance devices he could spot, objects he could improvise with for distractions or lethal melee weapons. 'Relax, Auz. Most people close doors. The time to kill is not now. Relax.'

"You have a consummate and exquisite escritoire." He had already surmised from her attempt to string him along into private quarters while ignoring his inquiry about her name, that she was the one he had been hearing such fantastical things about. "I admire the artistic liberty of the angle chosen for it. Most offices I have met in have been too flush and geometric for my tastes."

"I’m happy to be addressed as Divinity, by the way. Lady is such a formal term and unnecessary in these times."
A smirk.. and then a grin. Auz blinked once with a knowing expression finally passing from his face, saying to her "Good show, my sly friend." He was very familiar with the necessity and tendency to screen everything these days. He didn't agree with her assessment that "Lady" was formal and unnecessary, though. In his not so humble opinion, the times and status quo never mattered; only what was in the gut; in the heart. However, while in her home and workplace, he would honor her customs and beliefs.

With a tender, fatherly smile and slightly weary eyes from a long, few, back-to-back chapters of hellaciousness, his eyes moved back and forth from her left and right for a moment. "And now that we have found ourselves pleasantly situated in said confidential chambers, I shall cut to the chase." His accent was neutral; his tone: business casual. "I govern a city in Queen Maud's Land. I have always been fond of the idea that angels were a very real and present species, but until this very expedition back to the outer lands, I had never heard of anyone witnessing them in the flesh. Well, to be more accurate: not during these past two millennia. I would love to learn more about you and your kin, if the positive rumors are correct, and if you feel so called, ..Divinity." He paused for a split second before saying her name. Part of him still protested for the olde speak and the formal addresses. "-and, of course, more about the organization no less than an angel feels is a worthy cause. I would have to be a madman not to inquire and jump on that bandwagon with her."

Report this post

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]